Last revised: February 22, 2012
A Million Matches respects and supports your right to privacy and the protection of your personal information.
How Your Information is Used & Why We Collect It
A Million Matches collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
1. To contact you in order to give you with more information about the services A Million Matches offers;
2. To assess your suitability and eligibility for membership;
3. To assist us in identifying what you are looking for in a partner; AND/OR
4. To assess and identify compatibility and possible matches for you.
Towards these purposes, A Million Matches may collect personal information that includes, but is not limited to, the following: name, telephone number, age, marital status, relationship history, level of education, occupation, name of employer, income, personality traits, requirements in a partner, health concerns, and criminal record.
Employees of A Million Matches who have access to your personal information are required to keep the information confidential. They are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for A Million Matches.
A Million Matches will not disclose your personal information unless authorized by law, required by law, or authorized by you. When A Million Matches identifies a possible match for a client, we will disclose limited personal information about each client to the other so that each client may approve or disapprove of the possible match.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
A Million Matches does not lend, exchange, rent or sell any personal information we collect from you. The only circumstance under which personal information may be disclosed to third parties is outlined above.
Modifying or Deleting Your Personal Information
A Million Matches provides you the following options for changing and modifying information previously submitted:
1. E-mail us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you;
2. Send us mail to the postal address listed on our Contact page, providing us with your full name and letting us know which information you wish to update.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as long as required for legal or business purposes.
How to Opt-out of Future Correspondence
You may use the following options for removing your information from our e-mail database if you wish to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and newsletters:
1. Click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of the e-mail;
2. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you;
3. Send us mail to the postal address listed on our Contact page letting us know which promotional e-mails you wish to opt-out of.